A network of prestigious partners
Organisations for translation companies, translators and interpreters
- CNET (Chambre Nationale des Entreprises
de Traduction) is a professional organisation which was set up in 1976 by several translation company managers with a view
to promoting the image of the profession. It aims to acknowledge and advocate the interests of translation companies, which are now
considered to be responsible and vibrant economic entities playing a crucial role in society. As a member of the CNET for going on 20 years, CG was at the helm of the association for a six-year period, acting as president.
- EUATC (European Union of Associations
of Translation Companies) is the only organisation which represents translation companies across Europe. Founded in 1994, its membership comprises national associations of translation companies from many European countries.CG has been acting as Vice-President and representing CNET and France since 2010.
- CG is also a member of the American Translators Association (ATA). ATA is the largest association of translators and translation companies in the United States.
Translation and Interpreting Schools
- Fédération Internationale des Traducteurs (FIT)FIT was founded in Paris in 1953 by Pierre-François Caillé. It brings together translation associations from across the world.
- École de Traduction et d’Interprétation (ETI)ETI forms part of the University of Geneva. Today, ETI has 450 students and over 100 teachers.
- Apart from teaching translation (general, economic and legal) and interpreting, ETI offers training in terminology and computer assisted
- Ecole Supérieure d’Interprètes et de Traducteurs (ESIT)ESIT strives to prepare its students for a successful career by ensuring its translators and interpreters are able to adapt quickly
to any specialist field.
- Institut Supérieur d’Interprétation et de Traduction (ISIT)ISIT graduates are trained to understand how the world works, become real experts in foreign languages and appreciate inter-cultural
issues in order to succeed in careers throughout the world